The word support can tend to conjure up feelings of frustration so FinancialContent has created system that is simple and very friendly; The goal is to have a linear flow of information and to resolve your inquiry in a timely manner.
Before we get into how and why you should contact support, here are a few items you should NOT contact our support staff for. Do not contact support for billing or contract questions, or to connect with a non-support employee of the company. The support staff has limited tools in this respect; if you are unsure, please contact business development as they interface with all departments and will be glad to help out.
Now on to why you would contact support. Over the years we have seen that support inquiries group in a few categories. Here are the most common:
- Technical maintenance of your solution such as making changes to your layout or changing the code used to integrate your navigation and branding.
- Removing or creating content including building a new widget or making your layout wider.
- Status of your print delivery or system issues like widgets not displaying correctly or updates to your XML feed
- Data quality / errors such as pricing not updated or missing stock tickers. This last item is usually an issue with the primary data source and our team has systems in place to correct errors as quickly as possible.
- Any technical related issue.
Now that we have covered Why, here is the How
- Craft an email with as much detail as you can and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know how timely the request is, provide error code, screenshots and anything else that could be helpful. On emailing our support department, an automated tracking number is generated and a confirmation email is sent
- The manager of our support department assesses your situation as well as staff capabilities to address that specific request. If there is a need for additional information or there may be a delay, support will contact you.
- If you are not contacted you should expect your request to be addressed in one business day. You are always welcome to send follow-up emails to support asking for status.
- Email support using your confirmation email with tracking number
- Call support at our main office
- or lastly, contact me;Stephen Malaster your business development manager
Again, our goal is to keep the line of communication as direct as possible.